Outdoor solar lighthouses are all the rage these days. In fact, there are so many of them popping up in residential yards across the country that it’s easy to become overzealous about them. They’re beautiful, they’re simple, and they offer a unique solution to your constant light problem. But is it worth it? They are inexpensive to build and cost less than $200 to purchase parts and materials. And you can install them yourself in an afternoon, saving you even more time and money down the road. If you’ve got a yard, this is a smart investment that will pay off far sooner than you think.Just check out the pros below and get ready to do some research on your own!
What You’ll Need For An Outdoor Solar Lighthouse
To build a simple solar lighthouse, you’ll need several items. Here’s what you’ll need to get started: – Solar panels – You need at least one solar panel per light. The more panels you have, the more powerful the light will be. You can also add an inverter to run your other lawn appliances such as a sprinkler controller or a water pump. – Wiring – Put the solar panels in a weatherproof location and then run the wiring to the light. You’ll need a few pieces of outdoor wire to do this. – Light – Once the wiring is in place, you can attach the light and the power will transfer through the cable. Alternatively, you can use a solar sconce to make the light more versatile.
Why You Need Indoor Light Indoors, Too
While the outdoor solar lighthouse is amazing, it’s not all-purpose. You can only light up your yard with it. But what if you’d like to light up your indoor space, too? If you’ve got a porch, patio, or deck that’s in the shade all day long, this could be a great solution. You could install an outdoor solar light on the porch, patio, or deck and then use it to provide some light inside. And if you’ve got lighting issues in your home, you might find that your outdoor solar light is a great solution. If you’ve got a dining room table that’s in the dark, you could install an outdoor solar light outside near the table and then use it to light up the space.
The Benefits of an Outdoor Solar Lighthouse
– Affordable – The best outdoor solar lighthouses are among the cheapest outdoor lighting options. They’re extremely affordable, costing under $100 for a complete system.
– Easy – The installation process is straightforward and easy. This makes it an ideal solution for DIYers and those with limited DIY experience. – Durable
– Outdoor solar lighthouses are extremely durable and can last for decades without maintenance. Some even claim to be maintenance-free.
– Versatile – You can use an outdoor solar light for many purposes, from outdoor lighting to illuminating your indoor space.
– Impactful – Outdoor solar lights make a big impact, filling your outdoor space with beautiful, even light. You can also add a water feature to create even more light.
– Convenient – Outdoor solar lights are convenient because you can use them around the clock. You can also use them around other outdoor appliances, like a water feature.
– Sustainable – Outdoor solar lights are sustainable because they use solar energy, which is renewable and environmentally friendly.
– Attractive – Outdoor solar lights are extremely appealing, easily adding a beautiful light to your outdoor space.
– Animal-Friendly – Outdoor solar lights don’t pose a danger to animals like traditional lights do, making them a safe and humane option for your pets, wildlife, and children.
The Drawbacks of an Outdoor Solar Lighthouse
While outdoor solar lights are a great investment for your yard, there are some potential drawbacks to consider. Here are some of the potential drawbacks of an outdoor solar lighthouse: – Limited Range – Most outdoor solar lights have a limited range of about 100 feet. This will require you to be close to the light. For example, if you want to illuminate your yard, you’ll need to be in front of it. – Darkness – At night, an outdoor solar light isn’t as effective as a traditional light source. This means that you’ll need to use it in conjunction with other sources, such as a porch light or an indoor light source. – Noise – Outdoor solar lights are fairly noisy, emitting a buzzing sound that can be annoying on a windy day. This is because the panels are constantly moving, which creates the noise.
How to Install a Solar Lighthouse in Your Yard
Once you have all the items you need, it’s time to get started. Here are a few tips for installing an outdoor solar lighthouse: – Do your research – Before you begin, do some research to make sure you know what you’re doing. You don’t want to install a solar light that’s too small or of poor quality. – Get help – If you’re not confident in your ability to install a solar light, you may want to hire a professional. There are many companies, such as Solar Lighthouse, that will do this for you. – Protect outdoor solar lights – Make sure to protect outdoor solar lights from the elements, especially wind. You don’t want the panels to shake, which will create more noise. – Keep wiring away from animals – Keep the wiring away from pets and children, which could be a hazard. You also don’t want to accidentally electrocute animals, which is illegal. – Maintain quality – Make sure to maintain your solar lighthouse and clean it regularly, especially if you’re using it in the rain. This will help to keep the panels clean and maximize the life of the light.
If you’ve been thinking about installing an outdoor solar light but have been hesitant, now is the time to get started. Outdoor solar lights are affordable, low maintenance, durable, and impactful. They’re also weatherproof, durable, easily installable, and energy efficient. And they’re easy to install, too. If you’ve got a yard, this is a smart investment that will pay off far sooner than you think. Now that you understand the benefits and have all the supplies you need, it’s time to start building your outdoor solar lighthouse.