If you are looking for an attractive and sustainable way to illuminate your outdoor space, then look no further than solar wrought iron light fixtures. These fixtures provide the perfect solution for any property that has a deck or patio and would like to add some natural lighting. This type of lighting is ideal for spaces with low or no ceiling height, such as patios, decks, balconies and rear yards. Solar wrought iron lights come in many different styles and varieties, so there’s bound to be one that will suit your needs. Here we will explain some things you need to know before choosing a solar-powered light fixture so you can confidently make the right choice for your home.
What is Solar Wrought Iron Lighting?
Solar wrought iron lighting is a type of outdoor lighting that is designed to be powered by the sun. Solar-powered fixtures are made with either a frosted or clear glass shade and are available in many different styles. They are typically made of heavy-gauge steel, which means they have increased durability compared to plastic or glass fixtures. Solar wrought iron lights are typically wired with a medium-voltage (120 or 240 volts) electrical system and come with a transformer and mounting brackets to adapt them to an outdoor setting. This allows the fixtures to be used anywhere that has access to regular electricity. Solar-powered lights are completely renewable and sustainable, so they can help reduce your carbon footprint and make your outdoor space more eco-friendly. They also come with zero maintenance, which means you won’t need to worry about changing the bulb or worrying about keeping them clean.
Types of Solar Wrought Iron Lighting
– Wall Sconce – These fixtures hang from the wall and can be installed horizontally or vertically. They are ideal for adding decorative lighting to a wall or doorway.
– Wall Sconce Chandelier – Similar to a sconce, but designed for a ceiling mount. These are often used in stairwells and common areas, such as the entryway or mudroom.
– Box Light – These fixtures are rectangular in shape, kind of like a large mini light. They are great for adding accent lighting to patios, decks or walkways.
– Post Light – These fixtures are designed to be placed on a post, providing decorative lighting around a yard or in front of a house. They come with either a plastic light cover or a clear glass globe.
– Wall Sconce Pendant – This is similar to a sconce, but designed to hang from the ceiling. They are most commonly used in dining rooms and bedrooms because they provide lighting above the table or bed.
Benefits of Solar Wrought Iron Lighting
– Low maintenance – These fixtures are completely self-sustaining and don’t require any maintenance. This means you can simply leave them on all the time and enjoy free, clean lighting.
– Simple installation – Since solar-powered lights are designed for outdoor use, they don’t require any additional wiring beyond that required for regular electricity. This means there’s nothing to install and no visible wiring.
– Durable construction – Solar-powered fixtures are typically made of heavy-gauge steel, so they are durable and unlikely to rust. They are also designed to withstand harsh outdoor conditions, including rain and extreme temperatures.
– Sustainable lighting – Solar-powered lights provide free, renewable energy, so they are great for reducing carbon emissions and saving energy.
Things to Consider when Selecting a Solar Fixture
– Outdoor placement – These fixtures can be installed in outdoor spaces such as patios, decks and balconies. Make sure your home has access to sunlight to power these lights.
– Electrical requirements – Make sure your solar-powered light has the ability to connect to your electrical system and is rated for your voltage.
– Light type – Choose the right type of lighting for your outdoor space. Solar-powered lights are great for patios, decks and walkways, but they are not optimal for high-ceiling areas, like a porch or basement.
– Solar panel size – You want to choose a fixture that has enough solar panels to produce a good amount of light. Generally, you want to choose a fixture that produces between 2 and 4 watts of light.
– Cost – Because these fixtures are completely self-sustaining, you may save money over time on electricity, but you will need to factor in upfront costs, such as the solar panel.
– Warranty – Depending on the manufacturer, these fixtures may come with a warranty on the solar panel and wiring. Make sure you factor that into your purchase price.
– Reviews – Make sure you look at the reviews of the fixture you are considering so you can get a good idea of how well it works in your outdoor space.
– Energy savings – To get the full benefits of a solar-powered light, you will need to factor the amount of sunlight your home receives and how long the lights are left on.
– Installing a solar light, like a solar light pendant, is a great way to provide additional lighting that is completely sustainable, free and saves energy
Solar lighting isn’t just for outdoor spaces, however. If you have a low ceiling such as a deck or patio, you can also consider investing in a solar-powered light fixture for indoor use. Some indoor lights are designed for outdoor use and come with wiring that allows you to plug them directly into a wall outlet, so you don’t need to be concerned with outdoor wiring. These fixtures are perfect for spaces with limited or no ceiling height, like stairwells and low-ceiling rooms. Solar lights are an attractive, sustainable and cost-effective way to add some natural lighting to your outdoor space. Not sure where to begin? Take a look at solar-powered light fixtures available on the market today. There are many to choose from, so you should be able to find one that works best for your property and budget.